AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Concepts

Hi folks.

I’ve been trying to make a few changes to some of the ~concepts in TOPIC/keywords1.txt to cater for some English colloquialisms.

I alphabetised the pseudonyms within the brackets to make life easier, and then added in the angicised words that I wanted separated by spaces.

The modified ~concept still works… but doesn’t recognise the added words.
:build 0, :build 1, reboot PC etc makes no difference.

Any ideas?

I’m hoping it’s a simple Noob error that will be obvious when I’m pointed at it grin

[ # 1 ]

the TOPIC folder is an output result of compilation of scripts. It is not meant to be edited. Instead one would edit the input files in RAWDATA.

Also, depending on what colloquialisms you are handling, there are, in addition to concepts, two other ways to handle them.
1) altering substitutes.txt in LIVEDATA to remap the input.
2) using script (possibly an idiomtable) to mark a topic to go to when a pattern is seen that has no appropriate keywords in it.

[ # 2 ]

So adding “sound-as-a-pound ~feeling_happy” to the substitutes.txt file would allow the bot to interpret the phrase “sound as a pound” as feeling happy?... If I understand correctly.

[ # 3 ]

assuming you expect the hypenated phrase as you have written it, yes.

Although in the version of chatscript I will release shortly, I have split up that file into pieces so that one could pick and choose which subcomponents to use or not use.  the subpiece you would add it to will become interjections.txt. Some people don’t want a bunch of idiom remaps that I supply, but would want interjections.txt or contractions.txt as subpieces. The original substitutions file has already had british.txt and spellfix.txt split off

[ # 4 ]

I should point out that the system current has an emotion concept for happiness in interjections, called ~emohappy.  You are free to create new ones, but if it has the same meaning, you probably want to use the existing one.

[ # 5 ]

Thanks so much for the help.
Thanks also for including what I refer to as “English” as well as English-us wink
One of my bugbears is installing a programme and having “American English” as the only option. I can’t help shouting “Where’s the English f***ing English?” in fairness we did invent it grin

[ # 6 ]

Unless you have a patent on the language, and so can sue in court, your situation is, I am afraid, totally pear shaped.

[ # 7 ]

cheese That tickled me!

[ # 8 ]

It’s not natural. I’ve been trained. My wife is a Brit.

login or register to react