AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Linux server crashing issues

Hi,

I have experienced a couple types of segmentation faults on Linux with Chatscript. 

1. Sending some random characters like “laksdf lkasdf klasdf” seems to cause segmentation fault.  This causes the crash in both server mode and local mode.

2. Sending the “:restart” command causes segmentation fault in server mode.

Thanks

[ # 1 ]

the :restart bug will be fixed in tonights release.  I will check out your other bug.

[ # 2 ]

new release up. I can’t replicate a crash in linux local mode for junk input like you specified. Try again and see if this version still has that bug.

[ # 3 ]

is that the 2.71 release, or is 2.8 available?

[ # 4 ]

2.8, though something’s amiss with sourceforge, because that file lists itself as pending.

[ # 5 ]

I thought that was the case when I saw the other new files

[ # 6 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Aug 6, 2012:

new release up. I can’t replicate a crash in linux local mode for junk input like you specified. Try again and see if this version still has that bug.

Thanks.  This fixed the “:restart” crash problem (fantastic!).  I am still getting consistent crashing from entering junk input like “laksdf lkasdf klasdf”.  It also crashes on Mac OSX Lion with the default bot Harry and default script, local mode. 

Thanks again!

[ # 7 ]

If your linux crashes are on a mac, I can’t debug that.  It doesn’t happen to me on an amazon cloud linux.

So.. if you can compile with -g and run gdb, to find out where it crashes…..

email me the data… no need to tie up this forum with it.

login or register to react
‹‹ Concepts      Bare Bot ››