AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

!Bluebird

It would be nice to be able to turn off the annoying Flash animation in the site’s banner, especially that bluebird, which is always catching my eye.

Maybe you could program the Flash to run once (or a few times) rather than loop forever?

David

[ # 1 ]

It’s our Twitter bird that annoyes you grin.

We’ll pin this as a feature request. I guess it won’t be to difficult to make. However, we will probably not deliver it in version 2.6 but somewhere between 2.6 and 2.7, I guess in February.

Hope this helps…

[ # 2 ]

Not the twitter bird!!!

I was listening to a program on TV when I hear a bird chirping.  I looked to see an office scene and wondered what was happening.  The next time I heard the chirping the TV scene was in a hospital room.  I only had one tab and program opened on my computer so I didn’t think it was this site….until a bit later when I noticed the thing flying in the banner.

I don’t mind the flying bird…but the chirping bird is another issue. =)

Regards,
Chuck

[ # 3 ]

LOL.  :D :D :D

The chirping repeats itself after six minutes and it starts all over again as soon as you move to the next page. So it only chirps with no activity in six minutes.

The interesting thing which we now discover is that the average usage time of Robitron Forum is much more than the average usage time of 4 minutes of general Chatbots.org pages. People tend to keep their browsers open and that will introduce a new friend into their living rooms grin.

Normally it’s just a fun thing. But for seasoned users who might surf for hours in the future on the Robitron Forum it might be irritating. So what we’ll do is include the scirping and flying in the user options.

Hopefully asap. Okay?

[ # 4 ]

Erwin,
I have an idea (from a game programming hobbyist). When I move my mouse cursor on the banner, rifle cross hairs appear instead of the mouse cursor. When I left click the mouse, a shot gun blast occurs, the bird falls, feathers flying…and it chirps NO more! =)

Regards,
Chuck

[ # 5 ]

Ha, ha… Hah!

Chuck that is funny!

Otherwise, if you right-click on the bird there are some options… Zoom in makes it into Big Bird.

Erwin,

One way to do it, is to set a session variable.  I did this once in php where a Youtube video played ever 5 refreshes, and displayed an image the other 4 times.  Youtube video is flash based like the bird.

[ # 6 ]

@8PLA, I think we are going to enable this feature as a ‘User’ setting, this means you can enable/disable the bird in your profile. For now… please don’t shoot the bird yet!

[ # 7 ]

@Boris: that’s right. More good news: it will be available in our next release (version 2.6), this month.

@Chuck: you’re a game hobbyist. I’m really open to advance the 3D header. Would love to have walking humand and chatbots having conversations. And in the future even different scenario’s per tab (the business tab for example will show people and chatbots, dealing, money, suits). The upcoming research tab could have a lab setting etcetera.

And eventually, I’d like to have chatbots where visitor can raise questions like: ‘who is Chuck Bolin’, and the Chatbot will answer. That kind of stuff. Is that something you’d like to help with?

[ # 8 ]

Please see the attached screenshot of the website options page in the new account area that will allow you to turn off the Twitter bird animation and chirping sound. As Erwin said this will be available in version 2.6 later this month.

smile

Image Attachments
Screenshot of new website options.jpg

login or register to react