AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

ChatScript and Web applications
 
 

Hi all,
I am new to chatscript and chatbots technologies and recently, I managed to use chatscript to build a simple chatbot. I wanted to know, if there is an API for ChatScript or some tutorials of how to use it in a web application(by “use it” I mean use its patterns, features ...)
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

 

 
  [ # 1 ]

Hello Nabil,
I would suggest looking into CS documentation folder and review the documents covering JSON and the one covering servers. It will answer a lot of your questions. Also check the client folder for exemples on how to implement the client in PHP.

As a side note, I am currently working on a RESTful proxy to interact with CS. It essentially creates an API for your bot. I wanted to hold on to announcing it until it was more robust, but I guess it does not really matters: https://github.com/kuzyn/lahar

However, I have realized today that CS has changed tremendously in the last few version, which is very exciting. I haven’t had time to reassess my project objectives with the new features yet. But my goals are: easy to deploy on PaaS providers (Heroku, Openshift, Docker…), unit tests/CI, as little overhead as possible for queries, no PHP. In its current state, it should be enough to get you started if you have some basics in JS & PaaS.

Of course, I welcome all questions, comments, pull requests and plan on continuing development until it is robust enough for production. nodejs wizards and Express guru, all help appreciated.

 

 
  [ # 2 ]

Thank you Samuel Cousin, really appreciate that !

 

 
  [ # 3 ]

This is kind of what we’ve done.

We’ve built a DLL version of CS and then built a simple API* in our development tool that just calls the PerformChat function that the CS DLL exports. There’s also a single call to InitSystem when a process first starts up.

It might be a touch more complicated if your server development environment cannot easily call C functions, but if it can then it is very easy.

We are still in a research mode, but looking longer term there are some aspects of CS’s own server mode that ought to be available to it when hosted in a server environment but without the port listening mode. But that’s a discussion for another post.

* The API is nothing more complicated that POSTing to an endpoint with

{ "query" : "what is your name?"} 

and getting an equally simple single property JSON response back. Although we do include a bit of extra meta data such as the bot’s name and volley number, and any OOB information.

 

 

 
  login or register to react