AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Watson wins! AI to dominate game shows!

[ # 61 ]

I don’t know how.

[ # 62 ]

I know it’s possible through a anonymizer, although not always safe. We might be able to set up an own anonimizer on our VPS, as a service for Chatbots.org members. Let’s see if that works.

Adding embedding video to the forums is defintitely on our wishlist. Thanks for reminding!

[ # 63 ]

same error

but hay… some good text content at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/pioneer-artificial-intelligence.html

[ # 64 ]

for example, from that page

“No machine that I’ve heard of yet can answer a question that involves, for example, knowing that you can pull something with a string but you can’t push something with a string—a simple thing like that.”

that is more of a knowledge issue (physics) I think, than a lack of intelligence.

[ # 65 ]

@Vic: YouTube link works! Thanks mate.

(we’ll keep anonimizer on our wish list for future needs of Chatbots.org members)

[ # 66 ]

Very good.  I wasn’t sure if that was the contents you were after.  If the other link was more in depth but the youtube one was fairly interesting documentary.  As for the show airing tomorrow, can’t help you there.  I’ll do some digging though.

[ # 67 ]

the “Nova” program was an hour long(approx.)

[ # 68 ]

yeah.. that’s why I erased my link smile

[ # 69 ]

Well…  here we are .. .the big night !!!!!

Let’s see….. in 102 minutes we’re going to see what IBM’s big bad boy can do !!

[ # 70 ]

After this first game, you just know the programmers are going to be up all night,  One down, two to go.

[ # 71 ]

DAMN, I’d be Nervous right now if I was on the Watson development team…. what if it were to just CRASH in the first 5 minutes !!! Yikes!!!  I hope everything goes well for them…. 2 minutes, and its on smile

[ # 72 ]

Vic again with your Jeopardy play-by-play smile

7:56 PM Eastern time, and Brad and Watson are tied @ 5000

funny part… Brad answered “the 20’s” and was wrong, then Watson answered “the 1920’s” LOL

Let’s see what tomorrow brings… looking forward to it !

[ # 73 ]

I liked Watson getting a daily double pretty much right off the bat.  He’s smart *and* lucky!

[ # 74 ]

And I missed it! :cry:

My Mom and Brother insisted that we go out for dinner for Valentine’s Day, and when we got home, I had forgotten all about it. :(

Oh, well. There’s always the $1.49 “Video on Demand” option.

[ # 75 ]
Thunder Walk - Feb 15, 2011:

Is there a component to the programming that strategizes on winning a greater amount of money over answering the most questions correctly? Is it, in the end, not only an effort to overcome language, but merely a chess match?

Very good observation, probably.  Winning lotto numbers? if so, I want a WATSON….... now !!!!! smile

Oh, I want to put up the current score here on my white board here at work. . . Brad and Watson are 5000,  I can’t remember what Ken’s score was, do you remember?

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 > 
5 of 6

login or register to react