AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Greetings from the student! (Need Help)

Hi guys.

I’m Scott and I’m a last year Degree student studying IT. I chose to create a Chatbot as my final year project. I was given software from University which is the old Lingubot platform. The problem I am having is that Lingubot does not seem to have much support, and it is outdated as far as I am aware.

The Chatbot is for Student Services and will cover the following topics;

Disability Support
Financial Support
Counselling
Childcare Support
Care Leaver Support
Careers Advice
Accommodation Support

All the information for the topics is to hand, so it is just a case of working with a good platform .

Any advise on if Lingubot is the best way forward or recommendation for any other software (preferably free) which will help.

The program will eventually be visible on the University website.

Thanks in advance

Scott.

[ # 1 ]

I think AIML would be best for you. There are open source interpreters available (one is called program O) and a few UI editors. A google on AIML will get want you need.

[ # 2 ]

I agree—AIML is the way to go for this type of application. I think program O is available on sourceforge, along with other AIML interpreters as well.

Welcome to the forum, and do keep us updated as your project develops!

[ # 3 ]

Thanks for the advise. I’ve looked at the AIML website and it seems so confusing. Is it a downloadable software?

Sorry to be a pain but could somebody point me in the right direction for getting the software?

Thanks

[ # 4 ]

Dr Wallace’s website has all the info and download stuff you need, I think.

[ # 5 ]
Scott Callan - Feb 2, 2011:

The Chatbot is for Student Services and will cover the following topics;

Disability Support
Financial Support
Counselling
Childcare Support
Care Leaver Support
Careers Advice
Accommodation Support

I’d like to recommend to choose one of these areas, to focus, in order to higher the success likelihood. Probably you would want to choose the one which has most structured knowledge available which you can use for lookup.

Furthermore, disability support could be good candidate as well because a lot of research on chatbots has been carried out in this area. For example disabled people who can’t type, due to arm paralysis, or who are blind, can make use of speech interfaces. Other research is carried out in sign language, often referred to in conversational agent studies, which we regard as a chatbot synonym over here.

login or register to react
‹‹ Introduction      SPAM Gets Physical ››