AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Chatbot Orgs getting slower and slower

[ # 16 ]

Nice one Dave. The other day I wrote a comment on a chatbot and it took a full 3 minutes for the comment to post.

[ # 17 ]

But how is it acting now? To me it seems a little faster, but I don’t want to just judge from my point of view only. smile

[ # 18 ]

Much better. I posted a comment yesterday afternoon and it appeared almost instantly.

[ # 19 ]

I’m still concerned about how long it takes to load each avatar image, but as yet I haven’t found the reason for that bottleneck.

[ # 20 ]

It’s a bit late but I just wanted to thanks Dave and anyone else involved for making the site work faster.  It’s a lot more pleasant using this forum now.

Cheers smile

[ # 21 ]

Indeed. Previewing a post can still sometimes take a minute or so but generally, the site is a lot faster. Well done Dave and the team.

[ # 22 ]

The credit (and thanks) should go to Erwin and the rest of the team. My involvement was more along the lines of “cheering everyone on” than anything else. But I do appreciate the kind words. smile

[ # 23 ]

Nice!!!! Good to hear this feedback! We had some REALLY intensive sessions with Lex Boere who appears to be a true expert in performance tuning! We’ve finished our job yet. We’ll first tune a bit more, then we’ll upgrade to the latest CMS version, and then we’ll add new functionality…. (but all step by step). Thanks for your involvement!!!

[ # 24 ]

Indeed the site is loading much better here as well, Thanks to all those involved in the performance prcess.

Erwin when you update to the latest CMS version, I hope you do not loose all the hard work gulp I hope performance inprovements where made using custom files. I would hate to see the site revert back to being slow.

[ # 25 ]

hopefully it will even improve performance…. this good thing will also be that we’ll get support from the CMS supplier as they only support when you’re using the latest versions. Keep you posted Donald. Thanks for your involvement!

[ # 26 ]

Now, if clicking links would open a new window, that would be another improvement.  I don’t understand why chatbots.org would want links to take visitors away from here.

[ # 27 ]

I agree with Thunder. Many a time I have accidentally closed the site down while checking out links.

[ # 28 ]

There was some directive by the W3C I think a long time back, that links should behave this way.  Most people largely ignore that.

The idea is that the user gets a choice.  If they behave like that by default, then you also still get the option of getting your browser to open them in a new tab/window - right click->open in new tab or similar on most browsers.

If you have everything opening in a new tab by default then you no longer have the option of opening them in the same window.

So it’s about choice, not necessarily needed, but if I remember right that’s why some people program sites that way.

But they deprecated the useful ‘center’ tag too so make your own conclusions…

[ # 29 ]

I’ve just gotten into the habit of right-clicking links and having them open in a new tab, myself. It’s not just this forum that have links open this way. Wikipedia does the same thing, as well as many others. However, that said, I’m sure that the admin staff will discuss the behavior of links to external sites at some point in the future, and decide whether to make a change. Just bear in mind that it won’t have a very high priority, so may not be acted upon for a while, at least. smile

@Roger: re: deprecated <center> tag - Need we really have the discussion about the separation of presentation and data? raspberry cheese

[ # 30 ]

No we need not Dave wink

Edit: I use the scroll wheel on my mouse - it’s a button too and I use that a lot, because pressing that in Chrome opens a link in a new tab.

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3

login or register to react
‹‹ virtual chat script      ROAD TRIP!!! ››