AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Dead Chatbot contests?

What ever happened to ‘MyCyberTwin Turing Test Challenge’

The contest supposedly closed in September, 2012

I didn’t participate in it, but I was wondering if anyone who did knew the status?
The lack of progress in the Robo Chat Challenge (has anyone had their bot visited?) makes me wonder if we are starting an era of contests that do nothing more than attempt draw people into their site.

It makes you really appreciate the effort that went into the Chatterbox Challenge and Chatbot Battles.

[ # 1 ]
Merlin - Jan 19, 2013:

It makes you really appreciate the effort that went into the Chatterbox Challenge and Chatbot Battles.

Indeed!

[ # 2 ]

I didn’t participate in MyCyberTwin Turing Test Challenge, but I entered the Robo Chat Challenge and I already noted the complete lack of information about the current status of the tests (if any test has been done, since I read daily the logs and I haven’t yet found any conversation which might be done by a judge).

I really agree with you. CBC and Chatbot Battles have been managed in a much more transparent and professional way.

Some days ago I also entered the International Chatbot Contest, which is said to be based “on the CBC with a bit of the Chatbot Battles thrown in”.

Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks.

[ # 3 ]

Vittorio, do you know anything about the people running the new contest?

[ # 4 ]

No Merlin, please read my answer in this other post: http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/1216/

login or register to react