AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Harumi

[ # 106 ]

New version coming next week.

New Features :
1) “personnal google seaching” : write a research like “phone paul” or “adress jack” then click on right arrow : a list of possibilities will appear as stimulus available. Click with mouse’s right button on the line of your choice and Harumi will try to execute your command. (It works a bit like a html link).

2) Harumi now type her answers slowly, a bit like in UltraHal. At the same time she writes, you hear the sound of a writing machine. In case you don’t use Harumi for more than 5 minutes, she will keep writing slowly, but without any sound. This function gives more life to Harumi, pretty fun to see it in action smile

3) Execute a function with alarm now works properly :
Example : “at 12:00 go on google news” (as soon as google news url is recorded as url in database)

[ # 107 ]

New version released!  This last version was supposed to come sooner but I had to fixe many bugs and and to add new functions which were still in test.
So :
- Bug correction : Better interaction with synapses and affirmative/negative sentences. Better ability to identify best stimulus available in database.
New functions :
- Sending mail : after configuration of SMTOP parameters (lines 501 to 507 in sheet 6), you can send an email very easily directly from Harumi. Just write “Send an email to Paul” and a preview of the message appears in Harumi answers window. Correct the mail in this window if necessary and click on “Yes” icon and she’ll send it.
- Now Harumi writes sentences like a typing machine, a bit like UltraHal virtual assistant.

[ # 108 ]

Jean-François, it appears that you had several duplicate posts, so I took care of the extra ones for you. smile

I’m also looking into why the site seems to have crashed this morning (probably why you had several duplicate posts, too). smile

[ # 109 ]

Thanks for catching that Dave! No wonder I had 4 duplicate emails regarding Harumi!! wink

[ # 110 ]

I think that Jean-François was trying to post while the site was in the process of cleaning up the database (it does this a few times per day, to maintain performance), and so as a result, the post got duplicated a few times. Sadly, I think that the “duplication glitch” may well have damaged the DB in the process, which affected performance for a time. But I got it all fixed. cheese

[ # 111 ]

Dave Morton : Actually, my ISP has problems for 2 days, and while posting my connection was very slow… I had to restart the modem several time and still have random disconnections.

[ # 112 ]

Hi, several updates now online. Bug correction regarding affirmative and negative sentences treatment, better interaction when unknown words are encountered (now Harumi asks user to confirm linking between an unknown word and a stimulus already recorded).
I also added a link to ‘‘easendmail’‘, a component necessary to send mails from Harumi. Note that this component is free as a trial, meaning functionnal for 30 days. If you are satisfied with it and Harumi, you can buy it. If you have bugs with mail sending after having bought it, I decline any responsability since Harumi is a freeware and I didn’t earn a single $ since its creation. Moreover, I don’t have any contact with easendmail creator. Anyway… it’s also possible to uninstall and reinstall easendmail component in order to use it for more than a month… Just in case you want to keep using Harumi and her functions for free.

[ # 113 ]

Jean-Francois,

There still seems to be a problem with the handling of DATES. The dates (for English in the USA) are MM-DD-YYYY whereas Harumi lists dates in the tables as DD-MM-YYYY.

Is there any way to keep data from being overwritten with every update you provide? Harumi will never be able to get smarter if the learned data is overwritten with every update.

I have still encountered a LOOPING error which can’t be broken or stopped unless one presses and holds the ALT key then repeatedly presses the F4 key to close all the active pop-up windows in rapid sucession.

Thanks.

[ # 114 ]

First off I’d like to say that Harumi has been one of the more impressive personal assistants I’ve seen in terms of abilities. Good work on the whole.
Small point of critisism: The phrase “You can get out.” should probably be “You can go out.”

About those anime backgrounds: Are they just wallpapers, or are they part of the program? Because you’d need permission from the copyright holders to redistribute them as part of the program. Have you considered hiring an artist? I know there are plenty of artists in France who can deliver that kind of quality.

[ # 115 ]

Art Gladstone : the dates problem is indeed the worst issue i’ve encountered with many users while others don’t have any… I just need to get an american PC to test Harumi on it. Since I’m french, it’s pretty complicated and… expensive! I don’t plan to buy a computer just to debug Harumi. Finally, I didn’t earn a single penny since development beginning. A friend of mine told me that it’s possible to change the date system for americans PC in the configuration system, but I can’t help you more.

Regarding datas being overwritten : You don’t have to loose all the datas! just use your old memoire.ods file with the new version. Install Harumi, then overwrite the new memoire file with the former one secured on another repertory! Old memoire files are generally compatible with new ones. Sometime, new lines meaning functions are added in sheet 6. In this case, just overwrite sheet 6 of your older version with the new one. You will keep your personnal datas (sheet 1) while having new functions available (sheet 6).

With looping error, try to edit line 459 sheet 6 of memoire file and replace in column 2 number 0 with number 1. Then edit line 265 and put 0 in column 2 (webcam initialisation) . Then save and restart.

Don Patrick : Thank you for your comment.
Backgrounds I picked up were done by manga artists. I tryed to contact some of them who live in Japan, especially vania600, the best one in my opinion, but without success. I suppose that since I don’t sell Harumi and didn’t earn any penny with it, and also because those pictures are available on many sites, my publication is tolerated.
In case of complain, I will in the instant delete those files. Anyway, those pictures are not included in Harumi code. By the way, some users told me they used images from various sites, and not necessary manga ones.

I don’t plan to hire an artist simply because Harumi is a freeware. In case Harumi were developped as a professionnal software and were sold, I would of course need to hire one.

[ # 116 ]

Jean-Francois,

Thank you for your reply and assistance. Harumi in an impressive work and I have fun using it.

Please accept my criticism of it in a good spirited nature. By pointing out flaws I think it can help to make Harumi even better. Sometimes we (users) might find things that you might not be aware of.

I realize that the program is freeware and I’m sure you have a lot of time invested in it. I appreciate your efforts!

Thank you again,

- Art -

[ # 117 ]

Art Gladstone : Sorry if I gave you the feeling I don’t accept criticism wink.
Critics and suggestions are of course welcomed because it helped me to improve Harumi.
Regards,
Jeff

[ # 118 ]
Jean-François Battistini - Dec 29, 2013:

I tryed to contact some of them who live in Japan, especially vania600, the best one in my opinion, but without success. I suppose that since I don’t sell Harumi and didn’t earn any penny with it, and also because those pictures are available on many sites, my publication is tolerated.

Well, as long as you tried and are aware of it, that’s respectful enough for me. Most of the owning companies (such as Shueisha) would never grant permission, but they don’t go chasing everyone on the internet either. Vania600 is very good, he’s an independent doujinshi artist, so I’m sure he’d appreciate any support to make his work and name better known and would love to know about it. Of course, he only understands Japanese.

[ # 119 ]

@Don, Vania600 IS quite accomplished. Very nice work, thanks for the pointer! Kind of Sakura-like.

[ # 120 ]

Hello, new version of Harumi released today! I also updated site apparence, the precedent was too dark smile

‹ First  < 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›
8 of 14

login or register to react