AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Pandorabots + AIML + Loebner prize

Last year 3 of the 4 entries to the 2013 Loebner prize were based on AIML and Pandorabots. Also many AIML bots are hosted on Pandorabots. Being that Pandorabots is a web server running an AIML interpreter, and that the Loebner prize entrants must run on a Windows PC with no internet connection, how do the AIML bots ‘migrate’ from Pandorabots to Windows?

[ # 1 ]

The Pandorabots use Program AB which is a standalone interpreter for the Loebner Prize. This has the added advantage of being able to use the extra features available in AIML 2.0

[ # 2 ]

I understand program AB is written in Java, so I assume this means it can run equally on the Pandorabots server or run under Windows. But what do you do about the LPP? Does program AB contain code to interface using the LPP? Also how do you install the AIML files and program AB onto Windows, does it have its own installer?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m going through these issues using a SQL interpreter and I am interested in other approaches.

[ # 3 ]

The Pandorabots server runs a LISP interpreter but yes, Program AB is Java based. We have to create an intermediate program between Program AB and the LPP which is then bundled together as a .exe file for the contest organisers to run.

The AIML files are copied manually from the server into a subfolder and complied (so the bot loads faster).

[ # 4 ]

Is the intermediate program part of program AB or is it created by Pandorabots to enable their AIML bots to enter the contest? Also does the contest require an installation script or are the organizers generally happy copying folders?

Again I’m asking from curiosity- I started creating a fully fledged installer and it was complex to do. So I am interested in the experience of others.

[ # 5 ]

The program was created by Pandorabots especially for the contest. There is a setup.bat file to run which copies the bot files to the judging computer but the organisers simply click on a file like mitsuku.exe once installed to run the program.

login or register to react