AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Three Bots Talking

[ # 31 ]

lol thanks Jan. I spoke to Andrew via email and all is ok again smile

[ # 32 ]
Thunder Walk - Nov 16, 2011:

I haven’t seen you about in any of the forums… not even your own forums…

...and I’ve seen your announcements and postings at other forums.

Huh?

[ # 33 ]
Richard Wallace - Nov 17, 2011:
Thunder Walk - Nov 16, 2011:

I haven’t seen you about in any of the forums… not even your own forums…

...and I’ve seen your announcements and postings at other forums.

Huh?

That’s just a wee bit out of context, but I’ll try to be specific.

I haven’t had any replies from emails I’ve sent for a while, haven’t seen any action on the issue I’ve been mentioning.  Nor have I seen you participating in your forums at http://pandorabots-general.shapado.com/ or http://forum.alicebot.org. Old reported spam posting seem to remain, and the people who post the spam seem to come back and do it again.  Questions go answered for a very long time.  Those forums seem to have been abandon.  I haven’t seen you participating much, if at all, in any threads in any forum for a while, and I had the sense that you were on vacation, or doing some work that was more important.

On the other hand, I have seen your announcements and postings here and in other forums regarding Three Bots Talking.  It seems like promotion outweighs substance.

But, come on now.  After all I mentioned and the questions I asked in my reply, you chose only to respond to my comment about not seeing you around for a while?  I thought I was giving you the opportunity to talk more about Three Bot Talking.

[ # 34 ]

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Whatever is he going to do when even chatbots reach a level of sophistication such that they don’t want to talk to him.

[ # 35 ]
Andrew Smith - Nov 17, 2011:

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Whatever is he going to do when even chatbots reach a level of sophistication such that they don’t want to talk to him.

The pattern is you and your inability to keep from issuing your insulting commentaries.  What’s the matter, Andrew, can’t find anyone else to pick on?  Are you really convinced that you’re better than everyone else?

Keep in mind who started this, Dave.

[ # 36 ]

I’m well aware of who started it, and my polite request to you (and everyone else, for that matter) is to rise above it, and not let it force you into the same behavior. I’ll have a “private chat” with Andrew over this, rest assured.

[ # 37 ]
Dave Morton - Nov 18, 2011:

I’m well aware of who started it, and my polite request to you (and everyone else, for that matter) is to rise above it, and not let it force you into the same behavior. I’ll have a “private chat” with Andrew over this, rest assured.

Bravo.  Done.

[ # 38 ]

I have witnessed this type of verbal exchange over at the guitar forum where I frequent however,
I am surprised to find it happening here as well.

I guess childish behaviors exist at all levels of academics.

[ # 39 ]

Well, with such a diverse group of individuals, like we have here, it’s really hard to keep things civil all of the time, even with the intelligent, usually mature, people that frequent this place. smile Not to worry, though. These things usually settle down after a bit.

(at least I hope they do! big surprise )

[ # 40 ]

Re: Rentabots: When you create a bot on Pandorabots, you own the AIML content you create.  You can place any type of license you wish in your AIML files.  I encourage everyone to put in a GNU or Apache license and release their AIML into the open source.  In any case we [ul]really[/ul] encourage everyone to put some type of copyright or license statement in their files. 

[ # 41 ]

Thanks for that bit of info, Rich. I think it’s a great idea to at least copyright your AIML data, even if you (like myself) don’t wish to release it - in whole - to the world at large. I’ve got some AIML categories that I’ve written for diagnostic purposes that I eventually plan on putting together and releasing, but I just have too many other projects that have my attention. smile

[ # 42 ]
Richard Wallace - Nov 18, 2011:

Re: Rentabots: When you create a bot on Pandorabots, you own the AIML content you create.  You can place any type of license you wish in your AIML files.  I encourage everyone to put in a GNU or Apache license and release their AIML into the open source.  In any case we [ul]really[/ul] encourage everyone to put some type of copyright or license statement in their files.

Rich, if I put a more restrictive license on my AIML files, does this override the following paragraphs in the Pandorabots terms of service?

Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Pandorabots a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Pandorabots to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this licence includes a right for Pandorabots to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Pandorabots has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

login or register to react