AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Start?

How do I begin chatt? It says I need a site to put it in, but where? And where’s the URL?

[ # 1 ]

The URL to what? What is it you are trying to do Amanda? Please be more specific and I am sure someone here will be able to help you.

[ # 2 ]

> http://www.chatbots.org/se

Amanda, if you want to find Swedish chatbots to chat with, just check the above link.

If you want to make your own chatbot, check the “Build your own” links from the Chatbots homepage (attached).

Image Attachments
chatbotsDIY1.png

[ # 3 ]

> where’s the URL?

Where is the URL indeed!  This a something I have also struggled with.  A chatbot may live on your desktop or live on a network server.  The tricky part is that your desktop may also be used as network server.  If the chatbot lives on a remote server, then we can say it lives in the cloud.  There are many web services where you can make chatbots that live remotely in the cloud; however, very often you may have to download the chatbot knowledge to work on it on your desktop.  Another tricky part is that most command-line chatbot programming has to be first built on your own desktop machine before it can be pushed or “published” to a remote server.  If the chatbot is on your own desktop, you may access it through your browser - even if offline, or there may be another interface, text or graphic, that is not dependent on the browser.  Honestly, I have found no perfect way to make a chatbot yet, though probably Pandorabots comes the closest.  This is one reason I’ve come to prefer web APIs, because at least you know where the darn URL endpoint is….  ;^)

login or register to react