AARON stands for Advanced Artificial-intelligence ReasOning Network. AIB is included in the AARON section component files. (AARON is the new AIB).
Additional comments by developer Matthew Rodgers:
AARON is the successor to AIB (Note: You can still find AIB in the Component Files section). The reason we completely changed the name is because we switched: the code base to the .NET framework, the A.I. is now "biological" which means the underlying structure is designed around the current understanding of neurobiologists, and the code for AIB was not as object-oriented as it should have been, so we started again from scratch. A "Reasoning Network" is our own coined term to describe how AARON works, not necessarily a neural network, but more of a full central nervous system simulated on a computer.
* Improved, biological abstraction Artificial Intelligence chatterbot
* Text-to-speech with an additional external pad
* Speech Recognition with an additional external pad
* Program your own commands to open files or run programs
* Add tasks to open files, run programs, or say something at a particular time
* Webcam input as one of the Artificial Intelligence Senses
* Customizable options for the AI such as dopamine levels
* Customize the AARON program's name (for example change the bot's name to Fred)
* Create your own faces for the bot
* Injector system to force the AI into awake/sleep/sick modes rather than wait on circadian cycles
NOTE: IF YOU WANT A STABLE VERSION, USE THE 2007 ONE. THE 2008 ONE IS TO SHOW YOU WHERE THIS IS GOING, BUT MANY MANY FEATURES IN IT ARE BROKEN OR MISSING.
AARON is also available for the iPhone, but the iPhone version is not as complex.